10 Oct 2017

Review: Pyunkang Yul Essence Toner


I own many toners, but none of them really provide a nice cushiony effect that is gentle and moisturizing at the same time. It is not until I met this Pyunkang Yul Essence Toner that changes my mind on toners. My previous toners are mostly either very refreshing like Kose or Dear by Enprani or nourishing like Whamisa. The closest to this would be Hada Labo Hydrating Lotion that is a bit sticky. If I were to compare, Pyunkang Yul Essence Toner feels like the light version of Hada Labo Hydrating Lotion. It is very gentle and moisturizing but not sticky at all. It provides a nice slip that can moisturize, balance and prep your skin for next skincare step without being tacky or overwhelming.

Let's take a look at this highly-raved product among the beauty community recently!





Honestly, I bought this Pyunkang Yul Essence Toner after watching Gothamista talking about it on Youtube. Many Instagrammers are also posting about it so it make me even more curious about the brand.

What is Pyunkang Yul about?

Pyunkang Yul is developed Pyunkang Oriental Medicine Clinic in Korea. It attempts to make products that are suitable for their patients with sensitive skin without adding any harsh chemicals or fragrance. It emphasizes on finding the moisture and oil balance in your skin, a concept that is similar to oriental "yin" and "yang".

In short, this is a simple yet effective oriental herbal version of Hada Labo. Instead of focusing solely on moisture, Pyunkang Yul tries to reactivate the natural moisture-oil balancing mechanism of your skin (moisture barrier) to make it function better.

Pyunkang Yul Essence Toner



Pyunkang Yul Essence Toner is a clear, slightly viscous, runny liquid that can seriously hydrate and moisturize your skin. The consistency is similar to Hada Labo Hydrating Lotion Light if you have tried that one out. It is also pretty close to Klairs Supple Preparation Toner and Manyo Factory Moisturizing Serum. It provides a nice cushiony slip that will allow your next skincare items to absorb better into the skin. It is not completely watery, but runny and is not sticky or tacky at all. Perfect for normal and dehydrated skin but might be a little bit heavy for oily skin.

Pyunkang Yul recommends that you go for this over the Mist Toner under these conditions:

If
- You easily get cold or have cold extremities from poor blood circulation
- Your skin tends to feel dry and tight
- Your skin easily becomes red or irritated

INGREDIENTS


Astragalus Membranaceus Root Extract, 1,2-Hexanediol, Butylene Glycol, Bis-PEG-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Carbomer, Arginine

INGREDIENTS ANALYSIS


This is a waterless toner, which means there is no water inside here. 91.3% of the toner is made of the nutritious milk vecht root extract, leaving very little room for other stuffs like solvents, viscosity-increasing agents and moisturizers.

Milk vecht root extract is not new in the market. It is associated with improvement of DNA repairing ability of the skin. It is also a herbal medicine traditionally used by the Chinese to tackle issues like diarrhea, fatigue, spontaneous sweating and a lack of appetite. Applied topically, this ingredient is said to have antioxidizing, anti-inflammatory and nutrient-boosting properties.


In short, all benefits you get from this toner comes from its gentle and clean ingredients used and the 91.3% milk vecht root extract. Since there has been a lot of research on milk vecht root extract, lets allow the result to speak for it!

PERFORMANCE


I love this toner. It is not one of the most memorable or fancy ones that I've used, but less is more sometimes! This toner is super gentle, moisturizing and soothing without being sticky at all. I love using it whenever my skin feels dry, irritated or dehydrated. There are times when you just don't feel like feeding your skin with drying alcohol, harsh chemicals and fragrance, and that's the time when you need something pure and gentle like Pyunkang Yul.

I also love how soothing this toner is. I remember that are occasions when my skin burns from overexfoliation, and this toner manages to revert that burning sensation the moment I put it on. The strong tingling I get from using SK-II Clear Lotion is gone when I put this toner on. I also notice that my skin becomes much cooler and calmer in hot summer afternoon whenever I am using the Essence Toner. I also love adding this whenever I need some slip for other products to absorb better.

CONCLUSION



I have been using the Pyunkang Yul Essence Toner for 3 months and I must say that I am happy with the results that I'm getting. This toner is super ordinary in many ways, from the scent, texture to packaging. The price point is also lower than many of its counterpart. But as gentle and simple as it is, this Essence Toner has shown its value of existence under my occasions. My skin misses it whenever I over-exfoliate, or is feeling a little dry and rough. It doesn't do anything fancy like anti-aging or brightening for me, but it does a great job at the basic tasks it takes, which is moisturizing and anti-inflammatory.

Definitely a toner worth considering when you are bored of Hada Labo Hydrating Lotion and want to try something oriental and hanbang with stronger soothing properties.

Pros:
- simple and effective formulation
- no added fragrance or preservative
- very affordable given its efficacy

Cons:
- no preservative hence the product might deteriorate prematurely despite the opaque container

Overall impression: ★★★★☆
Repurchasing: ★★★★
You can get this from: Hermo | Wako Beauty | RoseRoseShop
[Disclaimer] Product is purchased with my own money. All copyright of contents and images in this article is strictly mine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...